Aug 9, 2011
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., Aug. 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Kenmore is taking the refrigerator experience to the next level with its new Elite Signature Trio model that boasts superior capacity*, smart features and a fresh design that consumers have come to expect from kitchen appliances.
The Kenmore Elite® Signature Trio delivers 31 cubic feet of jumbo capacity, an enhanced size within the market thanks to space saving features including a Slim In-Door Icemaker, recessed LED lighting on the top and sides, and a compact water filter set back within the ceiling. These three innovations deliver more usable space including 100 percent access to the top shelf, as well as more storage with additional door bins.
Having great capacity is one thing, using that space wisely makes all the difference. The Kenmore Elite Signature Trio allows for more convenience and flexibility in more ways than one. Its full-width Gourmet Pantry Drawer is ideal for storing large party platters or super party subs, while two flexible shelves slide back to accommodate taller items like wine bottles or pitchers.
"Our customer insights speak to the importance of providing greater refrigeration capacity to our customers, meaning less anxiety about storage for family and guests," said Scott Freidheim, executive vice president, Sears Holdings and president, Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard. "As a brand that's in the homes of more than 100 million Americans**, we know providing the right solutions ultimately helps consumers get more in so many ways."
From crisper veggies to a style that wows, the Kenmore Elite Signature Trio takes fresh to new levels. The AirTight Crisper locks in freshness to help retain moisture in veggies while the CleanFlow Air Filter helps keep the inside smelling fresh by circulating air to fight food odor. Smooth contoured doors with hidden hinges and stylish handles, as well as an integrated water and ice dispenser deliver a sleek design and a fresh look to any kitchen setting.
Key features include:
- Impressive capacity of 31 cubic feet offers more storage space than any other Kenmore refrigerator made*.
- Slim In-Door Icemaker delivers more usable capacity, access to 100 percent of the top shelf and more in the door storage bins.
- GeniusCool? technology with linear compressor and dual evaporators provides smooth, quiet operation and energy efficiency that meet ENERGY STAR® standards.
- External ice and water dispenser provides fresh filtered water, crushed and cubed ice.
- Seven electronic temperature sensors help ensure frozen items stay frozen and refrigerated items don't freeze.
- Multi-Air Flow technology provides even cooling by circulating cold air into every nook and cranny.
- Innovative air tight crisper with moisture lock retains moisture in vegetables longer as compared to a standard humidity crisper bin.
- Two SlideAway shelves add versatility to easily store tall items like wine bottles or tall pitchers.
- Gourmet pantry drawer features digital temperature controls to store meat, deli items or produce.
- Three-Tier freezer drawer features a pair of pull-out drawers and a deep divided bin for easy access and greater organization.
- CleanFlow? air filter circulates air through to fight food odor and keep the interior smelling fresh.
- Recessed LED interior lighting adds a bright, modern look to the interior and enhances usable space.
Kenmore Elite® Signature Trio refrigeration models come in three colors including stainless steel (model 72053), black (model 72059) and white (model 72052). The refrigerator retails for $3,199 in white and black and $3,359 in stainless steel.
Refrigerator Shopping Tips
Whether a first time buyer or the last refrigerator purchased was a decade ago, Kenmore now outlines simple but important considerations when shopping for a new refrigerator:
- Capacity: Do you nix serving cold party platters due to lack of fridge space? Look for a refrigerator that delivers more space inside without taking up more space on the outside.
- Energy Savings: The yellow Energy Guide tag will tell you how much energy the refrigerator uses and its estimated annual cost of operation. Also, look for the ENERGY STAR® logo as models carrying it use 20 percent less energy than required by federal standards.
- Convenience: Are you a master of food origami to make it all fit in your fridge? Look for features that allow you to easily fit items in without rearranging shelves.
- Organization: Do you feel your fridge has a black hole because food items are often missing? Check for easy accessibility to find items quickly and easily. Ask yourself if items are within reach for the entire family, as well as offer at-a-glance inventory of items.
To learn more or use the "Help Me Choose" tool to select the right refrigerator, visit www.kenmore.com.
*Based on capacity measured through AHAM Standards; storage space measured through Kenmore Brand Standards and among leading brands with capacities measured using AHAM standards.
** Kenmore sales 2005-11 per household, American Market report Jan 2010 US Census avg. household size.
About Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ:SHLD) is the nation's fourth largest broadline retailer with over 4,000 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, consumer electronics and automotive repair and maintenance. Sears Holdings is the 2011 ENERGY STAR® Retail Partner of the Year. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, and a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands' End, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as the Apostrophe and Covington brands. It also has the Country Living collection, which is offered by Sears and Kmart. We are the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 11 million service calls made annually. Sears Holdings Corporation operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation. For more information, visit Sears Holdings' website at www.searsholdings.com.
Kenmore is an industry leader in delivering smart and stylish appliance innovations that help consumers do things quicker, easier and better. Recognized as a top appliance brand for more than 80 years, Kenmore continues to raise the bar with industry-leading products across small and large appliance categories. The brand recently took on a major overhaul re-launching and revamping packaging, product, marketing and social media efforts with the promise of consistently delivering more. The brand also introduced the Kenmore Live Studio is an interactive space in the heart of Chicago equipped to stream innovative experiences and events live online via Kenmore's Facebook page. For more information, log on to www.kenmore.com or www.facebook.com/Kenmore.
Sears Holdings Corp.
Zeno Group for Sears
SOURCE Sears Holdings Corporation