Sep 21, 2011
NEW YORK, Sept. 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Kenmore brand today announced appliance innovations across categories to prove that customers can now can have their cake (and turkey cooked simultaneously), and eat it too. The leading American appliance brand debuted modern solutions for cooking without compromise, easily accessing favorite refrigerator items and efficiently washing and drying clothes. Each of these customer benefits were showcased at a press briefing in New York today.
"Whether it's freeing more minutes in the day, saving time and energy or satisfying everyone's holiday dinner requests without sacrificing your favorite side dish, we are now bringing first-to-market appliances that inspire our customers," said Michael Castleman, vice president and acting head for Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard. "As a brand that is a part of the lives of more than 100 million Americans*, at Kenmore we believe in putting innovation into our products so our customers get more results and better experiences from them."
Today, Kenmore adds the following innovative appliances to its vast cooking, refrigeration and laundry offerings:
More Cooking without Compromise
Oven size no longer dictates the menu with the Kenmore Elite Double Oven Electric Free Standing Range. With unsurpassed capacity** within the market, the Kenmore Elite Double Oven offers a new configuration in double ovens with two, 3.5-cubic foot ovens that perform equally and independently. Main dishes, such as full-sized turkeys or hams, can cook at the same time in separate ovens and at different temperatures for greater cooking convenience and versatility.
For superior results, each oven features true convection to provide maximum air movement and to deliver more even cooking throughout the oven. Additionally, Electric Turbo Boil? technology rapidly brings pots to boil quicker than any other leading freestanding range brand***, bringing favorite dishes to the table faster. The new double oven joins Kenmore's cooking arsenal in stainless steel, white and black at the regular prices of $1,899 for model 97512/9 and $1,999 for model 97513.
More Capacity with More Access
The Kenmore Elite® Trio® Refrigerator with Grab-N-Go? Door brings a unique concept to the category that keeps users' most-often-used items within reach. With the most storage space of any Kenmore refrigerator available****, this 31 cubic foot model boasts a separate compartment accessed with a simple push of a button. Removing the need to open both refrigerator doors and letting cold air escape, the Grab-N-Go? Door is accessible via the exterior door and is best used for items such as snacks, drinks, leftovers and more, easily within reach.
Offering a sleek look, the model's integrated water dispenser virtually disappears into the door and is large enough to fill tall items like pitchers, coffee pots and water bottles. As an enhanced version of the recently released and well received Kenmore Elite® Trio Signature Refrigerator, this model is currently scheduled for national availability at Sears in January 2012.
More Clean with More Convenience
The Kenmore Elite® 4.3 cubic foot Front Load HE Steam Washer and the matching Kenmore Elite 7.4 cubic foot Steam Dryer bring breakthrough technology to ultimately enhance convenience and customer experiences. Additionally, the washer has been awarded the ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient designation in 2011. Time, water and energy savings are now readily available with this model.
- In only 20 minutes, the Steam Refresh? technology (dryer models only) gently refreshes clothes by relaxing wrinkles eliminating the need for ironing or re-washing
- Wash a load in just 26 minutes using Express Wash, and dry a load in 30 minutes using Express Dry*****
- Features Smart Motion Technology with cycle selection that provides the right amount of cleaning and care
- Large capacities of 4.3 cubic foot washer and 7.4 cubic foot dryer to accommodate super king-sized loads, saving both time and energy without sacrificing performance
- The washer uses 71 percent less water and 63 percent less energy than a conventional top-load washer manufactured prior to 2004, saving $135 per year and $1,485 over its lifetime******
- Features Kenmore Connect?, a functionality that sends customers' real-time diagnostic information directly from the washer or dryer over the phone to highly-trained service experts who answer questions, suggest solutions, or provide instructions to help keep the appliance running properly
The washer and electric dryer in white are available for regular prices of $1,199 per unit and $1,299 in color finishes. Gas dryers are slightly more expensive.
Each innovation announced today joins the vast selection of Kenmore appliances for all home needs. Designed to match cooking and cleaning challenges and fit for any home decor with sleek and modern finishes and features, Kenmore appliances deliver premium innovation, style and power that allows families to get the most out of their appliances. Other new Kenmore product offerings this year include:
- Kenmore Elite 600-watt Bowl Lift Stand Mixer offers sleek styling with blue accent light speed control knobs, 10 speeds for a wide variety of mixing needs and powerful 600-watt motor to mix, whip and whisk any recipe.
- Kenmore Elite Induction Slider Cooktop has the most advanced cooking technology and touch controls for greater speed, responsiveness, easier clean ups and energy efficiency.
- Kenmore Elite Infrared Convection Toaster Oven has versatile features to cook meals in minutes, from toasting six slices of bread, to cooking a 12-inch pizza or broiling a steak.
- Kenmore Elite 2.0 cubic foot Countertop Microwave Oven features large capacity coupled with a round interior to maximize available cooking space.
- Kenmore Elite Grind & Brew Coffee Maker adds a dash of elegance to your countertop while the fully programmable digital controls let you select the exact amount and strength of your coffee.
- Kenmore Elite Hybrid Water Softener pairs a water softener and whole home chlorine taste and odor filter in one unit that will last up to 10 years.
To learn more or use the "Help Me Choose" tool to select the right small or large appliance, visit www.kenmore.com.
* Kenmore sales 2005-11 per household, American Market report Jan 2010 product life of 6.5y, US Census avg. household size.
** Among the leading brands of freestanding, slide in and drop in ranges.
*** Compared against leading freestanding range competitors.
****Based on capacity measured through AHAM Standards; storage space measured through Kenmore Brand Standards and among leading brands with capacities measured using AHAM standards.
*****Based on a eight -pound load
****** Based on a three-pound delicate load
About Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ:SHLD) is the nation's fourth largest broadline retailer with over 4,000 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, consumer electronics and automotive repair and maintenance. Sears Holdings is the 2011 ENERGY STAR® Retail Partner of the Year. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, and a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands' End, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as the Apostrophe and Covington brands. It also has the Country Living collection, which is offered by Sears and Kmart. We are the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 11 million service calls made annually. Sears Holdings Corporation operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation. For more information, visit Sears Holdings' website at www.searsholdings.com.
Kenmore is an industry leader in delivering smart and stylish appliance innovations that help consumers do things quicker, easier and better. Recognized as a top appliance brand, Kenmore continues to raise the bar with industry-leading products across small and large appliance categories. The brand recently took on a major overhaul re-launching and revamping packaging, product, marketing and social media efforts with the promise of consistently delivering more. The brand also introduced the Kenmore Live Studio is an interactive space in the heart of Chicago equipped to stream innovative experiences and events live online via Kenmore's Facebook page. For more information, log on to www.kenmore.com or www.facebook.com/Kenmore.
Sears Holdings Corp.
Zeno Group for Sears
SOURCE Sears Holdings Corporation