Hard economic times don't necessarily mean home improvements are out of reach. In fact, through the new Servicelive.com, thousands of home improvements and repairs have been done for less than $100.
ServiceLive.com is the first online marketplace that lets consumers name their price for home improvements and repairs, making it possible for homeowners to save money and time while checking projects off that never-ending to-do list.
"It's no secret that home values have plummeted and homeowners are being cautious with their home improvement spending - but this doesn't mean they're eliminating home maintenance and repairs altogether," said George Coll, President of ServiceLive.com. "Savvy homeowners are safeguarding their investment today by maintaining their homes to prevent larger and more expensive repairs in the future. And many more are taking steps to make their homes more energy-efficient as a way to trim their budgets."
Thanks to ServiceLive.com, homeowners are taking steps to get things done around their homes, while minimizing their costs. The following is a look at the top home improvements completed through ServiceLive for less than $100.
Top Home Improvement Projects Under $100*:
1. Handyman Help - Get help around the house and upgrade your curb appeal with handyman services. For less than $100, some of the handy tasks ServiceLive homeowners have gotten done include:
-- Dryer vent cleaning (can be a fire hazard!) -- New garage door opener installation -- A fresh coat of paint on the front door -- Drywall repair
2. Create A Media Masterpiece - Maximize your family room with assistance from a home electronics specialist. Some of the home electronics projects completed for less than $100 include:
-- New flat screen TV wall-mounting -- Universal remote programming -- Training session to use a digital camera or MP3 player
3. Goodbye Computer Viruses, Hello Wireless! - The computer always needs fixing or upgrades. Service pros are always on-call and ready to come out to help. Computer services that ServiceLive users have gotten done for less than $100 include:
-- Wireless router installation -- Spyware and virus removal -- Computer system optimization
4. Avoid Water Damage and Assess the Pipes - A plumbing specialist is right around the corner with ServiceLive. For less than $100, some of the plumbing work ServiceLive customers have gotten done include:
-- Water heater shut-off valve replacement -- Sump pump installation -- Leaky toilet repair
5. Zap! Electrical Issues Solved - Brighten up your home by calling in an electrician. Electrical services completed for under $100 include:
-- Electrical outlet installation or repair -- Light fixture or ceiling fan installation
ServiceLive.com is an improved way to manage your home projects and get the price you want, when you want it - all from a pre-screened service provider. And it's easy to use: log on, find service providers to fit your project and set your price. Sit back and watch service providers compete for your business.
ServiceLive.com puts you back in the driver's seat. So take control of your home and wallet today, and enjoy home improvement and repairs on your terms.
For more information, please visit www.ServiceLive.com or call 888-549-0640.
ServiceLive.com is the first online marketplace that allows homeowners and businesses to name their price for home improvements and repairs. ServiceLive was designed to improve the process of getting services done for both the homeowner and the service provider. Through the marketplace, buyers arrange for services with the Service pros they chose. Service pros are independent providers and are not employees or contractors of ServiceLive. ServiceLive, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings based in Hoffman Estates, Ill.
*While prices are named by the homeowner, ServiceLive is an open marketplace and there is no guarantee that ServiceLive pros will accept a specific offer.
First Call Analyst: Westenberger, Richard
FCMN Contact: Megan.Faulkner@eurorscg.com
CONTACT: Jody Sunna of Euro RSCG Worldwide PR, +1-212-367-6831,
email@example.com, for ServiceLive.com; or Kirsten Whipple of
ServiceLive.com, +1-847-286-3037, firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: http://www.servicelive.com/